Chemical-free cane sugar is unrefined sugar minus the cancer-causing and environmentally damaging pesticides present in usually grown sugarcane. Compared to white sugar, organic cane sugar has the full-bodied taste of sugarcane and is much less processed, retaining a lot of the nutrients present in cane juice.
Unrefined cane sugar contains 17 amino acids, 11 minerals, and 6 vitamins, including antioxidants that help reverse oxidative damage. It is made up of sucrose, fructose, and glucose. Table sugar is just sucrose and calories, plus traces of chemicals utilized in the refining process such as lime, Sulphur dioxide, and phosphoric acid. Organic cane sugar is not like brown sugar, which is white sugar with molasses thrown back in.
The light color of organic cane sugar is comparable to “raw” sugar, a sign that it is less processed compared to other wholesome sweeteners such as molasses.
Benefits of cane sugar:
- It contains high nutritional content with zero percent cholesterol, low in sodium with no saturated fats.
- It has a low glycemic index with fewer calories.
- It is a good source of calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium.
- It is effective in fighting cancer, mainly against breast and prostate cancer.
- It maintains kidney and liver health; fights urinary tract infections and prevents the formation of kidney stones.
- It fights tooth decay, bad breath and maintains healthy skin.
- The antioxidant in cane sugar fights liver infections and boosts the immune system.
There are no reviews yet.