Kodo millet or Kodon is easily digestible and contains higher amounts of lecithin. It is vital for strengthening the nervous system. Among other vitamins and minerals, kodo is a fantastic source of B vitamins, especially niacin, B6, and folic acid. It contains minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, and zinc. Since kodo is gluten-free, it is excellent for people who are gluten intolerant. When consumed regularly by postmenopausal women, it can relieve signs of cardiovascular diseases such as high blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Kodo millet is majorly cultivated in the Deccan Plateau and is a major food source. It is a nutritious grain and a very good substitute for rice or wheat. It contains polyphenols (antioxidant compounds), which suppress hunger and keep you full for a longer duration. It also consists of high fibre content and high nutritional value such as proteins, calcium, fibre and minerals. Since it is gluten-free, it is commonly used for weight loss, controlling diabetes, increasing liver functionality and is good for lymphatic disorders.
Namma Veedu specializes in procuring exceptional quality organic Kodo millet so that you and your family eat these traditional grains easily.
Benefits of Kodo Millet:
- It acts as a prebiotic feeding microflora in the intestines to prevent constipation.
- Kodo millet intake is found to reduce fasting blood glucose levels and promotes a significant increase in serum insulin levels. Thus, regular use is recommended for diabetic patients.
- This type of millet is high in fibre thus, preventing weight gain. It also helps to reduce the rise in cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- It also consists of low-fat content and fibre content.
- Regular consumption of Kodo millet helps to lower the triglycerides and C-reactive protein, thus it lowers the bad cholesterol and is ideal for your heart.
There are no reviews yet.