Barnyard millet has 6 times high fibre content when compared to wheat. It is gluten-free millet with high calcium, phosphorous and fibre. It is high in carbohydrates and fat too. It helps to maintain body temperature and acts as a good anti-oxidant. Barnyard millet has a low glycaemic index and helps in preventing and controlling type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease regular. It is an excellent substitute for rice since it contains higher crude fibre which controls hunger pangs.
NammaVeedu takes special care in providing its customers with high-quality barnyard millet which is cultivated in an organic manner free from pesticides and harmful fertilizers so that you and your family can enjoy the taste and health benefits of our traditional grains.
Benefits of Barnyard Millet:
- High fibre helps to prevent constipation.
- Helps prevent anaemia.
- An abundant source of anti-oxidants.
- Reduce harmful triglycerides and prevents heart diseases.
- Controls diabetes and cholesterol.
- Helps to keep the body stable by regulating body temperature.
- Low in calories: It is a good source of highly digestible protein and is the least caloric dense compared to other cereals.
- Low on the glycemic index: The carbohydrate content in Barnyard Millet is quite low. Hence it can be recommended for patients with cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Dietary fibre: It contains a good amount of both soluble and insoluble fibre. The content of fibre in this millet is highest compared to other millets
- Helps in preventing constipation, excess gas, bloating and cramping.
- Gluten-free: Like all millets, barnyard millet is also gluten-free.
- Great source of iron: Some of its varieties have a high amount of iron (18.6 mg in 100g of raw millet) which is the richest amongst all millets and cereal grains.