Kudampuli (Pot tamarind) or Garcinia gummi-gutta is a fruit native to Indonesia. It is a yellowish-green fruit that looks similar to a pumpkin and is also known by a variety of other names such as Malabar tamarind. The tiny fruit is a powerhouse of antioxidants that is sun-dried and cured for preparation, they are dark brown or black in color.
Kudampuli is widely used in cooking, including the preparation of curries and the fruit rinds are used in many traditional recipes. There are various products available for obesity and fat control. They are generally stimulants that have a side effect on the central nervous system. HCA, on the other hand, works via a peripheral mechanism to promote weight loss and assist the body’s natural cycle in the liver and elsewhere, thereby influencing the metabolism of calories.
Organically produced, pure and natural Brindle Berry is available at Namma Veedu at great prices. Browse through our website to choose from our wide range of organic food products including whole grain black pepper, Wild Raw Honey, Palm Jaggery, Organic Millets, and Rice varieties.
Benefits of Brindle Berry:
- It treats ailments such as rheumatism, colic disorders, weight loss, and piles.
- It is also a powerful anti-spasmodic, preventing spasms in the intestines.
- It also regulates bowel movements and a decoction (kashaya) made out of it is used for treating arthritis and uterine diseases.
- In Indian traditional medicine, various species of this plant were prescribed for delayed menstruation and intestinal parasites.
- Garcinia decreases the rate of dietary carbohydrate conversion to fat and cholesterol while increasing glycogen production.