Foxtail millets are free from pests and do not need any fumigants. These millets are rich in B vitamins, especially niacin, B6, and folic acid, as well as the minerals calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, and zinc. They also control blood sugar and cholesterol levels & increase HDL cholesterol. It is high in carbohydrates and rich in dietary fiber.
Namma Veedu offers high and fine quality foxtail which is cultivated organically to all our customers so that you and your family can enjoy the taste and health benefits of our traditional grains.
Benefits of Foxtail Millet:
- Prevents anemia since it is rich in iron
- Reduces blood sugar level and LDL (bad cholesterol)
- Increases HDL (good cholesterol)
- Helps us to keep our body strong and immune
- Natural source of protein and iron
- Very easy to digest and prevents constipation
- Contains a high amount of lecithin which strengthens the nervous system
- The proper function of cardiac – The deficiency of Vitamin B1 leads to improper functions of cardiac. Patients with congestive heart failure find Vitamin B1 helpful and prevent heart ailments.
- Alzheimer’s disease – Vitamin B1 slows the development of Alzheimer’s disease. It could be treated with an intake of 100 mg supplements of Vitamin B1
- Enhance memory – Vitamin B1 helps to enhance the concentration and memory power
- Antioxidant – Vitamin B1 acts as an antioxidant that slows down the process of age spots, wrinkles, and other age-related problems that has a negative effect on the organs.
- Cures muscle weakness – Iron is essential for the maintenance of the health of muscles. It is found in the muscle tissues and transports oxygen which is essential for the muscle contraction
- Skin health – Proteins support and strengthen the tissues such as skin which tears constantly. Collagen is considered as the vital protein that strengthens the tissues, cells, and organs that is essential for the revitalization
These days people have fallen back to eating millet food and there are different categories of millets that are available. We have organic millet which is a great healthy substitute.