Foxtail millet is a good source of blood sugar-balancing carbohydrates that make it beneficial for sugar and heart patients. It is available in the form of semolina and rice flour. Also known as kakum/kangni, it is a great source of iron and calcium and is believed to boost immunity.
Foxtail millets are free from pests and do not need any fumigants. These millets are rich in vitamin B, B6, and folic acid. Furthermore, it also consists of minerals, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, and zinc. These contents help control blood sugar and cholesterol levels. It is high in carbohydrates and rich in dietary fiber.
Namma Veedu offers high and fine quality foxtail which is cultivated organically for all our customers. We strive to provide you with organic products so that you and your family can enjoy the taste and health benefits of our traditional grains.
Benefits of Foxtail Millet:
- It contains high amounts of lecithin which strengthens the nervous system.
- It helps in treating Alzheimer’s disease. The presence of Vitamin B1 slows the development of Alzheimer’s disease. It could be treated with an intake of 100 mg supplements of Vitamin B1.
- It enhances your memory power and concentration.
- Vitamin B1 acts as an antioxidant that slows down the process of age spots, wrinkles, and other age-related problems.
- It also strengthens muscles.
- Foxtail millet consists of proteins that support and strengthen the tissues of the skin Collagen is considered the vital protein for revitalization.